Sacred Song, Kirtan & Sound Healing with Geeti & Gyan
@ The Leela Centre, Darlinghurst & Facebook Live
Join Geeti & Gyan for a sumptuous feast of Sacred Song, Kirtan & Sound Healing at The Leela Centre that will be simultaneously live streamed on Facebook.
This will be a great opportunity for community to come together, sing, dance, and receive soul nourishment.
Geeti & Gyan love sharing music, mantra & movement to open the Heart.
It will be a beautiful way to relax, recharge and connect deeply with yourself and each other.
SACRED SONG & MOVEMENT
Geeti & Gyan’s sacred songs will include original & conscious soulful music to create an environment conducive for deep peace, soul connection, reflection & joyful upliftment. Geeti will also facilitate some conscious movement with Gyan’s live music to help enliven and harmonize the body, life force and spirit.
KIRTAN & SOUND HEALING
Kirtan is your personal connection to the divine through your unique voice and heart, carried by the collective energy of the group and music.
It’s a very accessible group singing yoga practice, combining potent Sanskrit vibrational sounds called mantra with call & response melody & rhythm to help bring us into a relaxed, balanced & expansive state of being. No prior experience is needed to take part – all are welcome!
The kirtan is followed by a relaxing sound healing, where you can lay back, rest and restore while listening to the divine conversation between the mystical sounds of the hand pan, flute, Tibetan and crystal bowls and voice.
We hope you will be able to join us for an evening of co-creative celebration!
Children are very welcome.
If you are unable to attend in person, the event will live streamed on FACEBOOK LIVE, so everyone will be able to connect in one way of another through Geeti & Gyan's page:
If you are in a position to offer financially, donations for watching online will be very gratefully received. You can donate to:
Account No. 10213269
For anyone attending ONLINE, here are some guidelines below!
1. The event will be live streamed from the Geeti & Gyan page only - just 'like' the page and you will receive an automatic notification.
2. Light a candle on the night and make yourself cosy and have a blanket close by for the sound healing.
3. You might like to connect your computer or phone to a portable speaker for better sound!
4. If you have any questions you can type messages in the facebook live feed.
5. We really invite your feedback/comments as this can help to nourish connection between us all!
KEEPING YOU SAFE
To ensure the safety of all, The Leela Centre and Geeti & Gyan have the following protocol in place and we ask that you respect these guidelines:
1. Please bring your own cushion and blanket.
2. Please remain 1.5 metres away from each other.
3. You are of course welcome to wear a mask if you would like to and would feel more comfortable.
4. Please wash hands before and after the event (or use hand sanitizer provided at reception)
5. Please don’t come to the event if you have cold/cough or CV symptoms or been in any areas where cases have been reported. If in doubt go get tested.
6. We will not teach if we have a cough, cold or flu-like symptoms.
7.We are wiping shared surfaces regularly in the public areas.
We look forward to sharing and co-creating an evening of Sacred Song & Kirtan to support each other at this time. This will be a precious time to connect, feel, release, heal and uplift our spirit whether in person or online through the transformative power of mantra and music, meditation and movement.
Blessings and love
GEETI & GYAN
Geeti & Gyan are conscious music & movement facilitators who together offer an unique & soulful blend of kirtan, sacred song, conscious dance, yoga & sound healing to open the heart.
Their passion is to help people connect, transform & find unity with themselves, each other & the universe through music, mantra & movement.
They are both kirtanists, sound healers, and nada yoga teachers. Gyan is also a hatha yoga & meditation teacher and singer-songwriter, and Geeti is a Soul Motion conscious dance & Kiryuho movement facilitator.
They fuse the traditional with the contemporary, playing a variety of instruments including harmonium, guitar, piano, cajon, hand pans, harmonicas, sitar, tabla, manjira, flute, crystal & Tibetan bowls.
Their open & joyful hearts shine through their facilitation & music, allowing people to let go & surrender to uninhibited expression, & be filled with deep nourishment.
They are custodians of Shanti Space wellbeing centre in Brookvale, offering their own classes & workshops there, and inviting other facilitators and health practitioners to utilise the space.
Their vision is to provide a safe, sustainable, unconditionally loving space which brings community together in harmony and unity.